The target beneficiaries of this product are the medium and large scale farmers irrespective of their nature of farming; from large-scale agricultural-based organizations to medium and large agricultural traders and processors.
Commercial Agriculture Loan
- Minimum loan amount of KSh100, 000 and a maximum based on the borrower's needs and ability to pay.
- Maximum repayment period of 18 months for production financing and a maximum of 60 months for agricultural development financing.
The purpose of this loan is to finance bulk purchase of farm inputs such as certified seeds, fertilizers and chemicals, pay for lease of or purchase of additional agricultural land, sinking of bore holes, buying of hybrid livestock, construction of biogas plants, farm houses and support any other agribusiness or social development needs.
- Be active account holders with Equity Bank
- Demonstrate ability to repay
- Already be in commercial farming with experience of 1 (one) year or one successful production cycle
- Able to clearly demonstrate existence of other sources of income that could be used in loan repayment in case of crop failure, loss of harvest and/or poor marketing due to adverse weather and/or any other factors.
- Provide documentary evidence of ownership of farm to be used for production or a valid lease agreement covering at least two future production cycles.
- Farming project to be financed must be within a radius of 50 km from the Bank branch and easily accessible to the Bank officials.
- Able and willing to provide conventional security to cover the loan.
Enter your email to add this to your favourites
Kilimo Biashara Loan - Small Scale
The purpose of the Small Scale Kilimo Biashara Loan is to finance the purchase of farm inputs such as certified seeds, fertilizers, chemicals, machinery hiring, labour and harvesting costs.
Kilimo Biashara Loan - Agribusiness
These are loans that are developed to assist the value chain players in the business of manufacturing, stocking, importing, exporting, and selling agricultural inputs and equipment.
Kilimo Maendeleo Loan
This loan is a credit facility to help farmers to undertake farm developments such as construction of farm houses, zero grazing yards, biogas plants, purchase of motor vehicles, land, etc., and to meet social development needs.
Kilimo Kisasa Loan
The target beneficiaries of this product are small holder and commercial farmers. Kilimo Kisasa is a credit product specially designed to cater for modern agricultural tools and equipment.
Kilimo Supa Loan
Kilimo Supa is designed to expand and deliver innovative financial services to the small scale and medium agricultural producers, agribusinesses and agriculture based entrepreneurs.
Farm Inputs Loan
The target beneficiaries of this product are farmers operating monthly remittance accounts with EBL. This credit facility helps farmers purchase farm inputs, and other farming and social economic needs.