The target beneficiaries of this product are farmers operating monthly remittance accounts with EBL. This credit facility helps farmers purchase farm inputs, and other farming and social economic needs.
Farm Inputs Loan
- Loan amounts range from a minimum of KSh5,000 to a maximum of KSh200,000.
- Collateral/Security - sales proceeds for already sold farm produce (signed commitment and irrevocable change of pay point particulars form to be obtained). Chattels mortgage over livestock, farm and household assets.
- At least two guarantors who are active account holders in the Bank must be provided.
- Maximum repayment period of 12 months.
- Be remittance account holders with Equity Bank for a minimum period of three (3) months.
- Has received at least one month remittance through the applicant's account plus six months account statement from the previous bankers or provide formal clearance from the previous bankers to transfer remittances to Equity Bank.
- Demonstrate ability to repay
- Provide at least the immediate three (3) months payment slip.
- Provide documentary evidence of ownership of the farm used for the production or a valid lease agreement covering at least two future seasons; the same must be signed and witnessed by a lawyer.
Enter your email to add this to your favourites
Kilimo Biashara Loan - Small Scale
The purpose of the Small Scale Kilimo Biashara Loan is to finance the purchase of farm inputs such as certified seeds, fertilizers, chemicals, machinery hiring, labour and harvesting costs.
Kilimo Biashara Loan - Agribusiness
These are loans that are developed to assist the value chain players in the business of manufacturing, stocking, importing, exporting, and selling agricultural inputs and equipment.
Kilimo Maendeleo Loan
This loan is a credit facility to help farmers to undertake farm developments such as construction of farm houses, zero grazing yards, biogas plants, purchase of motor vehicles, land, etc., and to meet social development needs.
Kilimo Kisasa Loan
The target beneficiaries of this product are small holder and commercial farmers. Kilimo Kisasa is a credit product specially designed to cater for modern agricultural tools and equipment.
Kilimo Supa Loan
Kilimo Supa is designed to expand and deliver innovative financial services to the small scale and medium agricultural producers, agribusinesses and agriculture based entrepreneurs.
Commercial Agriculture Loan
The target beneficiaries of this product are the medium and large scale farmers irrespective of their nature of farming; from large-scale agricultural-based organizations to medium and large agricultural traders and processors.