The purpose of the Small Scale Kilimo Biashara Loan is to finance the purchase of farm inputs such as certified seeds, fertilizers, chemicals, machinery hiring, labour and harvesting costs.
Kilimo Biashara Loan - Small Scale
- Loan amounts are between KSh5,000 and KSh100,000
- Repayment period - maximum of 1 year or crop production period/cycle whichever is shorter
- The product does not finance land leasing. The target beneficiaries of this product are the small scale commercial food crops farmers.
- Accepted collateral security includes any combination of:
- Chattels mortgage over farm and household assets and livestock
- Conventional securities in form of motor vehicle log books, land title deeds etc.
- At least two guarantors who are active accountholders in the Bank
- Group guarantees may also be applied as per the agriculture group lending policy
- Access to the region's most competitive loan rates
- Training and mentorship programmes
- Be active account holders with Equity Bank
- Submit their loan applications within a reasonable time (preferably one month) before the setting in of planting season
- Demonstrate ability to repay
- Be ready to attend group meetings on weekly basis as per agriculture group lending policy (for borrowers under this category)
- Be in commercial farming with farming experience of at least one (1) successful season
- Be able to clearly demonstrate existence of other sources of income that could be used for loan payment in case of crop failure, loss of harvest and/or poor marketing due to adverse weather and/or any other factors
- Provide documentary evidence of ownership of the farm to be used for the production or a valid lease agreement covering at least two future seasons; the same must be signed and witnessed by a lawyer
- Identify inputs suppliers, negotiate the inputs prices and obtain quotations/pro-forma invoices for the inputs to be financed
- Be able to demonstrate understanding of the market for the commodity being financed
Enter your email to add this to your favourites
Kilimo Biashara Loan - Agribusiness
These are loans that are developed to assist the value chain players in the business of manufacturing, stocking, importing, exporting, and selling agricultural inputs and equipment.
Kilimo Maendeleo Loan
This loan is a credit facility to help farmers to undertake farm developments such as construction of farm houses, zero grazing yards, biogas plants, purchase of motor vehicles, land, etc., and to meet social development needs.
Kilimo Kisasa Loan
The target beneficiaries of this product are small holder and commercial farmers. Kilimo Kisasa is a credit product specially designed to cater for modern agricultural tools and equipment.
Kilimo Supa Loan
Kilimo Supa is designed to expand and deliver innovative financial services to the small scale and medium agricultural producers, agribusinesses and agriculture based entrepreneurs.
Farm Inputs Loan
The target beneficiaries of this product are farmers operating monthly remittance accounts with EBL. This credit facility helps farmers purchase farm inputs, and other farming and social economic needs.
Commercial Agriculture Loan
The target beneficiaries of this product are the medium and large scale farmers irrespective of their nature of farming; from large-scale agricultural-based organizations to medium and large agricultural traders and processors.