How do I confirm that a certain Equity Agent is legitimate?
Equity Agents are very particular in their appearance and therefore very distinct. Agents shall be branded, and given a particular Agent Code by the Bank. Things to look out for:
- The outlet should be branded with the official Equity Agent colours.
- The outlet should have a 6-digit code clearly displayed.
- The outlet should have an Agency accreditation certificate from Equity Bank.
- The outlet should have a transaction register book, duly branded with the Equity logo.
- The outlet should have a white plastic sign with the Equity Agent logo.
NB: When in doubt, get in touch with your nearest branch or call our dedicated 24-hour Contact Centre using any of the numbers:
+254 763 063 000
In the event that I am unhappy, how do I get assisted and where can I report my disappointment or seek help?
In case of any dissatisfaction, queries or disputes, please do not hesitate to report the Agent to your nearest branch or call our dedicated 24 hour contact centre using any of the numbers below:
+254 763 063 000
Security at Agent locations
Transacting at an Agent location is extremely secure and therefore you have no reason to feel uneasy about visiting an Agent. Further to this, after every successful transaction, you will receive either of the following:
- An SMS confirmation of the transaction that includes a reference number in case of any queries (This is for customers that transact using their mobile phone on Eazzy 247)
- A printed receipt confirming the status of the transaction (This is for customers that transact using their Equity Bank debit cards).
These transaction alerts are generated by Equity Bank and hence confirm that the Agent has processed the transaction successfully.
NB: All transactions are real time.
NB: In case of system failures DO NOT TRANSACT.
NB: Please ensure that you keep your PIN a secret at all times! Your PIN is not to be shared with the Agent or anyone else.