The core functions of Custody Services is settlement, safekeeping and reporting. It is what happens after the decision to buy or sell securities has been taken by the client or client’s agent. This process involves settlement for trades carried out on funds, where we are the custodians.
In the case of a registered security, we receive the documents of title from the issuer, keep in Safe Custody and maintain a record. Thereafter we monitor any declarations regarding entitlements and the eventual payment.
This service is available to Institutional Investors as well as High Net Worth Individuals.
Our clients include:
- Staff Retirement Benefits Schemes, i.e., Pension Funds and Provident Funds
- Insurance Funds
- Collective Investment Schemes, i.e., Unit Trusts
- Offshore Fund Managers/Custodians
- Investment Groups (Chamas)
- High Net Worth Individuals
- Trust Funds
Under Custody we carry out:
- Safe keeping
- Corporate actions, e.g., bonus issues, rights issues
- Proxy voting
- Tax reclamation
- Income collection
- Inward and outward remittances
- Foreign exchange conversion
- Cash management