Kilimo Supa is designed to expand and deliver innovative financial services to the small scale and medium agricultural producers, agribusinesses and agriculture based entrepreneurs.
Kilimo Supa Loan
- Targeted at farmers and farming entities both in livestock and crop production, agricultural traders and agro-processors such as dairy processors, farm output buyers, agricultural service providers such as equipment hiring services, soil testing, veterinary services, technical training and support, etc.
- Loan amounts range between KSh5,000 and a maximum of KSh3,000,000 depending on the borrower's requirement and ability to pay
- Maximum repayment period of 12 months or production cycle for production loans OR maximum of 24 months for capital investment
- Be an active account holder with Equity Bank
- Demonstrate existence of other reliable sources of income that could be used in loan repayment in case of crop failure, poor harvest, poor markets etc.
- Be in commercial farming with experience of at least two (2) successful seasons/cycles and good knowledge of the market
- Demonstrate knowledge of the financial requirement for their nature of farming
- Provide documentary evidence of ownership of the farm used for production or a valid lease agreement covering at least two future seasons/cycles
Enter your email to add this to your favourites
Kilimo Biashara Loan - Small Scale
The purpose of the Small Scale Kilimo Biashara Loan is to finance the purchase of farm inputs such as certified seeds, fertilizers, chemicals, machinery hiring, labour and harvesting costs.
Kilimo Biashara Loan - Agribusiness
These are loans that are developed to assist the value chain players in the business of manufacturing, stocking, importing, exporting, and selling agricultural inputs and equipment.
Kilimo Maendeleo Loan
This loan is a credit facility to help farmers to undertake farm developments such as construction of farm houses, zero grazing yards, biogas plants, purchase of motor vehicles, land, etc., and to meet social development needs.
Kilimo Kisasa Loan
The target beneficiaries of this product are small holder and commercial farmers. Kilimo Kisasa is a credit product specially designed to cater for modern agricultural tools and equipment.
Farm Inputs Loan
The target beneficiaries of this product are farmers operating monthly remittance accounts with EBL. This credit facility helps farmers purchase farm inputs, and other farming and social economic needs.
Commercial Agriculture Loan
The target beneficiaries of this product are the medium and large scale farmers irrespective of their nature of farming; from large-scale agricultural-based organizations to medium and large agricultural traders and processors.