- How do I register for Equity Mobile Banking with Airtel Money?
All you need to have is an Equity Bank Account, and registered on Airtel Money. Go to your nearest Equity Bank Branch and fill in form for Mobile Banking with Airtel Money. The Bank will initiate the link between your Bank account and airtel money account.
- Do I need to have a bank account to have an Airtel Money account?
No, you do not need to have a Bank account to have an Airtel Money Account, however with an Airtel Money account you can access your bank account from any of our partner banks.
- What are some of the benefits of the service to customers?
The service will enable the unbanked and under-banked to enjoy the benefits of mobile payments, while also giving us the opportunity to better serve Airtel customers.
- Who will be able to access the service?
The service will benefit both Airtel customers and Equity customers who use Airtel lines. Airtel has committed to deliver innovative and relevant mobile commerce solutions that make life easier for its customers. The partnership therefore boosts the customer familiarity to mobile banking services.
- Which are your partner banks you currently have?
We have Standard Chartered and Cooperative Bank. Today we formally introduce Equity Bank (the largest retail bank in Kenya and EA) as our Mobile Banking Partner.
- How will the partnership with equity bank affect your partnership with other banks?
The partnership will not interfere with any other partnership that we have with Standard Chartered and Cooperative Bank. This will help in making mobile banking accessible to our customers.
- How do I register for Airtel Money service?
Visit the nearest Airtel Money Agent / Dealer or Airtel Center with a photocopy of your original ID. Registration is FREE of CHARGE.
- Where can I find Airtel Money agents?
We have over 10,000 agents in Kenya
- What other services can I access using Airtel Money?
- Buy Airtime
- Send Money FREE of charge across networks.
- Pay your Kenya Power Bill / or purchase electricity FREE of charge
- Deposit and money from your bank account
- Pay for your parking through KAPS
- Pay for your Cable TV or Internet ( DSTV, ZUKU, )
- Pay for your Nairobi Water bills FREE of charge and selected county water services
- Pay for fuel at Total petrol stations
- We also have Bulk Payment services for Small Medium and Large organizations that enable them to make multiple payments INSTANTLY.
- What other offers / initiatives do you currently have with Airtel Money?
- If you top up with Airtel Money from Ksh 50 0nwards, one gets to call FREE of charge between 9pm