- How do I send money using Visa Personal Payments (VPP)?
Visa Personal Payments is available on all Equity Bank ATMs. This service will be enabled on all online and mobile banking channels soon. All that is required to send money is the beneficiary
- How do I receive money using Visa Personal Payments?
To receive funds through Visa Personal Payments, all you need to do is to provide the sender with your 16 Digit Visa card number on the front of your Visa Equity Bank card. Funds will be made available in your account as soon as the sender completes the transaction.
- What types of Visa Cards are eligible to receive Visa Personal Payments remittances?
All Equity Bank Visa Debit, Visa Credit and re-loadable Visa Prepaid cards.
- What types of Visa Cards can Equity Bank customers send Visa Personal Payments remittances to?
All Visa Debit, Visa Credit and re-loadable Visa Prepaid cards issued in Kenya and the rest of Africa.
- How does the recipient access the funds transferred to his/her Visa Card?
The funds received using the Visa Personal Payments service are deposited into the recipient
- Do I pay any fees for receiving funds?
There is no fees payable for receiving funds. However, charges may apply for subsequent transactions for example ATM withdrawals.
- Is there fees payable for sending funds?
Yes, there is a service fee payable by the sender for each transaction. For international transactions, this may differ according to the currency that the beneficiary's Visa Card is denominated in. You will be informed of the applicable service fee before you confirm your transaction.
- How much does it cost to send Visa Personal Payments from outside Kenya?
For tariffs to send Visa Personal Payments from outside Kenya, confirm the sending charges with your respective bank.
- What is the sending transaction limit?
For international transactions the sending limit is USD2,000 per transaction.
- What is the receiving transaction limit?
For International transactions, the receiving limit is USD2, 000 per transaction.
- How long will it take to receive funds on my Equity Bank Visa card?
Funds will be made available immediately.
- Which countries can send to Kenya using Visa Personal Payments?
Currently, these countries are UAE, Singapore, China, Malaysia, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- To which countries can Equity Bank customers send money?