Western Union Money Transfer involves the sending and receiving of money both from within and outside the country. It is one of the most reliable means of sending and receiving money worldwide.
Why should I use Western Union?
It is a fast, safe, easy, reliable and convenient way to send or receive money in minutes around the world.
How do I send money using Western Union?
Five simple steps to make sure your money gets where it’s needed:
- Bring some identification to a Western Union Agent, e.g. a passport and fill in a short simple form.
- Pay the amount of money you want to send plus the Western Union service fee.
- You will be given a Western Union reference number.
- Contact the person receiving the money and give them this number.
What is the receiver required to have to receive money via Western Union?
- Request the money transfer reference number from the sender.
- Visit an Equity Bank agent with the acceptable identification.
- Provide the reference number and complete a simple form.
- Issued with the money in local currency.